Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Bracketing shots?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone bracket their super 8 shots? Or shoot the same shot twice, one with a polarizer, one without, etc...? I decided i'm going to start bracketing my slide film...just got back 3 rolls of Kodachrome 64..a lot of "average" exposed shots...and a few that looked like they should be in the Louvre...and a few that looked like they should be in the "Loo"...although, with Super 8 and my camera, if i move the exposure up or down from what the camera suggests, it's either a lot of times too dark or too bright...since it's 40 ASA, is it easier to control Super 8 exposure thru the use of ND filters and lighting, rather than fool with the exposure? I dunno. My super 8 footage shot outside last year with the polarizer in bright late afternoon sun turned out great. (Partly cloudy white sky, green soccer field.)

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hahaha. Hey Mikey B, maybe you can post the Louvre shots on the topic post that was created to post images on. Perhaps even the Loo shots as well. (just say they were done with a digital camera.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Kidding!)

    I'm not sure I follow your question about the f-stop versus adding or subtracting filters. I would think you have more control with the f-stop adjustment.

    But maybe there is a reason to do it by adding or subtracting filters. Although doesn't the viewfinder get rather dark the more filters you stack in front of the lens?

    Have you played with that internal Super-8 camera adjustment that allows you to plus or minus your overall automatic exposure?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">Have you played with that internal Super-8 camera adjustment that allows you to plus or minus your overall automatic exposure? <font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">No, I haven't..but that's an excellent suggestion! The fstop meter on the Bell and Howell MS45 is a little hard to read, meaning, I have trouble sometimes telling exactly what fstop it's on..the only problem with the internal adjustment control, I'd have to leave it on for the entire roll, unless i want to mess up my frame counter by taking the roll out of the camera.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:49 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>

    Original Message reinserted by the Moderator to keep the topic thread intact.

    Originally posted by MikeyB:
    ..the only problem with the internal adjustment control, I'd have to leave it on for the entire roll, unless i want to mess up my frame counter by taking the roll out of the camera.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Really? Wow I can't believe a feature like that would be placed inside the film chamber. As Brian Fellow's would say "That's Crazy!"

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2003 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •